OPTI-EX Floating Production System
The OPTI-EX Story
The OPTI-EX host facility, an EXMAR technology, is a semi-submersible floating production system (FPS). The OPTI-EX has a production handling capacity of 60,000 BOPD, 150 MMSCFD, and 40,000 BWPD. Initial production from the Who Dat field was established in December 2011.
OPTI-EX Design Features
- Suitable for deepwater oil and gas development
- Economical development solution from small to large fields
- Uses proven semi-submersible technology for a floating production system
- Utilizes subsea development and steel catenary risers
- Minimizes project execution risk
- Provides a safe and reliable offshore installation with inherent stability in many environments
- Developed as a scalable solution
History in the Making
The Opti-Ex is the first privately owned FPS in the world and the first semi-submersible specifically designed for the Gulf of Mexico.
Read the Press Release here.